Monday, December 04, 2006

Tenacious D


I went to go and see the Pick of Destiny with my dad last Saturday. It was not all it was cracked up to be. I thought it wasn't going to be that great, but I thought that it would be funny. It wasn't really either.

Michard's thoughts on Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny.

Wasn't that good. Let me just say that I'll give it a C+ right now. It had Jack Black in it so I thought it would be hilarious, but it wasn't that funny. They brought Meat Loaf and Dio in it, but it still wasn't that great. Every other word was fuck or cock. Yeah, not that cool. It's just sad, in a movie with Jack Black, I can't even remember 5 funny parts in the movie. And Alex brought up a good point when we were talking about Silvia, Jack Black is all about paying rent. In the PoD and in School of Rock. Thought I'd just share that. But back to the movie, I'd give it 3 or so stars.

6 comments:

Scanman said...

youve got to be shitting me!! Best movie i have ever seen. first off, movies are rated out of four stars not five. in that case, a C+ would be about 2 stars. second, Dio was amazing, that movie was hilarity at its best. Just as good as School of Rock. Everyone needs to see that movie.

Michard said...

First off I said three or so. Three at the highest. Second, it was funny but not a movie every single person needs to see.
-Michard

Bobby M said...

I thought it was a good movie, but I can see what Michard is saying. It's not Jack Black at his best. School of Rock and Shallow Hal are much better movies. And I agree with you guys about the whole rent thing. Good observation.

In my opinion, Tenacious D is worth about a B+.

Scanman said...

shallow hal was horrible!

Michard said...

It wasn't that bad Pat, I kinda liked it...
-Michard

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

Shallow Hal is just plain weird. The only thing I can say about it:

What the hell?

Oh yeah, and Jason Alexander's character was the worst of all. Speaking of former Sienfeld stars, did you hear about what happened to Michael Richards(Kramer)?

Tenacious D looks pretty good. Of course, the only thing I have supporting that is the title. I haven't seen any posters or promotions. I'll be looking out for that one.