Sunday, November 26, 2006

Arizona Part II

I'm back! After a long vacation in Arizona, I have finally come back to freezing New Hampshire.

AZ was awesome. It is totally different from NH. You cannot see a set of 10 consecutive trees there, instead there will be 100s of cacti. There are mountains literally everywhere you look. It's crazy.


Me, my mom and Erik flew into Tucson Friday night after around 8 or so hours of flying. We were picked up by my uncle Jeff and then drove to their mansion style home. It wasn't huge, but it was big. 3 bathroom 8 rooms, and best of all, a 60 inch HD Sony TV. It was wicked sweet. The whole TV was the size of my wingspan. Watching Ohio State Michigan was a blast.


The first couple of days, we just relaxed and got used to the time difference. It was weird, last Saturday, I went to bed at 9:00 there time (11:00 our time.) I went running with my Uncle Marty almost everyday and each time we went a different route. Every time we had to stop. The view was unreal. Wednesday we went mountain biking, and I ran into a cactus mountain biking with Erik and my two other uncles. I didn't have to get any needles pulled out, but Erik ran into one and had around 200 pulled out of just his hand. He had an extra 50 or so pulled out of his knee. Thursday, I did the turkey trot, a 5 K. My time was 23:30. Not that bad, around 7:40 miles.


On the way back, we stopped in Chicago. They have the best airport I've ever been to. They had two McDonald's there, around 3 cafes, more than half a dozen shops, it was awesome. My family stopped at Harry Carey's (who was the greatest Cubs announcer ever.) Food, great, although it was pricey. Then we got ice cream at Ben and Jerry's. It was sweet. (Pat, I didn't get a pin for you in AZ, but I got one for you in the airport in Chicago.)


It turned out to be the best vacation I've ever been on. Guys, we have to stop by Tucson on our road trip.

2 comments:

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

Hey Michard. I've known you were "back" for about a month now.

Michard, you're the worst blog commenter I've ever met. You send the same exact comment to every single blog. It's pretty annoying. I look at a blog and say "wow. A new comment. I should read this." and it turns out I've already read it six times! We all read everyone's blog. What's the point in giving everyone the same comment? Just send it to one person and we all get it anyway! And another thing. They all mean nothing! You usually go around advertising a new post, but its usually one I've seen about a week ago. Just chill a little and think before you spam up my post discussion.

The trip sounds very good. I would love to go on a nice national vacation, as I've really seen pretty little of the United States itself. Go to naqt.com and read the top article for news about the trip to Shanghai I've been invited to.

Borat looks really good, but it was banned over here.

I don't exactly see why half a dozen shops is so nice for an airport. At most airports there are at least 500 shops.

Michard said...

No, I meant back in NH. "Sorry about the comments" I'll work on them I guess. Yes the trip does sound good. If you want to go, we might be able to squeeze you in. There was probably more than 1/2 dozen shops, I only visited one section....
-Michard