Wednesday, October 11, 2006

MAAA Part III


This is the toughest Part of the whole thing. Picking the final bands, and also the final way to vote. After thinking a ton about this, I made my decision. Everyone will get two votes, and I will get two also. You cannot vote for the same band twice, although I can if I want to. So, take your time on this, there is no reason to rush, go back, look at the options, look at the bands on this page, then make your final votes.

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Sorry about this racist pick, I had to because Patty was upset about it. But, I do have to admit, Skynyrd was a pretty kick-ass band. Getting voted into the Hall of Fame (2006) has to mean something. Pat needs to get over that they were pretty racist, but on top of being racist, they were good.

One of the first Skynyrd CDs I bought, in fact the only one I own, is The viscous Cycle Tour. It's crazy. The first time I listened to Simple Man, I knew that I was going to like these guys a lot. And it wasn't just Simple Man. It was Free Bird, Gimme Back My Bullets, Trouble Troulble, The Ballard of Curtis Lowe, That's The Way I Like it, They Call me the Breeze, I Know a Little, Mississippi Kid, Red, White and Blue, and some others. It is one of the better CDs that I own.

This band had some changes, in fact, a lot of them. There were deaths and replacements in the band, but the original cast looked like this. Ronnie Van Zant, Bob Burns, and Gary Rossington. This happened after, Ronnie hit a baseball that hit Burns in the head, who was watching the game with Gary. The three later added Allen Collins, Larry Junstrom and Billy Powel. The cast now looks like this: Gary Rossington, (guitar) Billy Powell, (piano) Ean Evans, (bass) Rickey Medlocke, (guitar) Johnny Van Zant, (vocals) and Michael Cartellone on the drums. A little racist, but very good.

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young/Neil Young

You have to put Neil Young on a top ten bands list. His stuff with Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young was amazing, and his stuff today is still awesome. It might not be as rockin as it used to be, but he is still an incredible musician. Lately, I am hooked on Parie Wind. I never realized how good it really was. I really have to thank Alex a lot for getting me involved with Neil. Now, I totally can agree with him that he is one of the greatest musicians of all time.

Crazy Stuff. The list includes, Hey, Hey, My, My, Ohio, The Painter, No Wonder, Cinnamon Girl, Old Man, Heart of Gold, Almost Cut My Hair, Sea of Madness, Down By the River, and a lot more. The only bad thing is he has credit with making some of the worst records in the world, but this really wasn't his fault, he did it just to get back at the record company. In case you were wondering, I think that these albums were called Everybody's Rockin' and Long May You Run. But other than that, the best stuff.

The Eagles

Yup. Some might be surprised at this pick, but they were voted the fourth greatest band of all time. I was kind of shocked by this when I immediately heard it, but then I stopped and took the time to think about the Eagles and their songs. And I don't think that they should be the fourth greatest band of all time, but they're definitely up there.

They were a rock/country rock band with an outstanding sound. Some of the big ones were Take it Easy, Withchy Woman, Tequila Sunrise, One of These Nights, Hotel California, Heartache Tonight, Life in The Fast Lane, The Long Run, and some other top ten and number one hits. Hotel California is one of my favorite songs of all time, and it might win a MAAA for best song ever, who knows.

This was extremely hard. There were so, so many bands that I could've chose. It was one of my toughest decsions since asked what's my favorite Seinfelf episode. But, I've made my decsion.

The Final nominee is...................

The Allman Brothers

Whew. That was wicked hard, but it's over. That's the last of them. I'm glad for the Allman Brothers, they deserve this spot. Although I wasn't really happy with the Meadowbrook concert, they still are such a good band. They have one of the more unique sounds on this list. Kind of a countryish sound, but still a pretty cool rock and roll/blues sound to them. I like it.

The Band, Duane Allman, Greg Allman, Dickey Betts, Berry Oakley, Butch Trucks, Jai Johanson, was an awesome original crew. Duane Allman, crazy, Greg Allman, awesome, but that soon changed. With Duane Allman's death on OCTOBER 29, 1971, (that's for the record, now we all know) the band took a big hit. Fortunately, they kept on rockin and producing'. Some of their greatests were Little Martha, Statesborough Blues, Wasted Words, Trouble No More, Midnight Rider, Stormy Monday, Jessica, Ramblin' Man, One Way Out, Hot Lanta, In Memory of Elizabeth Reed, and for the sake of it, Mountain Jam. Yeah, a deserver of their 1995 Hall of Fame induction, the Allman Brothers definitely could be a top 5 band of all time.

That it! Those are your nominees! Start Voting!

11 comments:

Scanman said...

Alright Mich, im ready to vote. My first choice is Pink Floyd. They are easily one of the best bands of all time. My second choice is Lynyrd Skynyrd. Not racist. and you said on your blog that they were good. THEY STILL ARE! I SAW THEM LIVE!

Bobby M said...

Lynyrd Skynyrd. I don't care what anyone says... the are not racist (I did a long post proving that they aren't. It's in the archive of Big Lee's Blog). My second vote goes to The Beatles. Truly amazing band right there.

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

Yeah, Michard, I completely know where you're going about the end. It's much more clear in the full version, but I agree that it's kind of hard to tell in that sample. What happened is that James Bond made a mistake when he was doing that thing with the wires, and he blew the whole place up by accident. 007 dies in the explosion.

When I add more you can take a closer look at these things.

Yeah, the Departed looks pretty good. I've recently seen for the first time the Titanic and the Godfather, and this new picture is like a compination of the two. GO IRISH MAFIA! And don't forget that it's by Martin Scorsese, who directed Ed Deacy in Goodfellas.

Casey Affleck said...

Check out the best blog ever at

www.superslick-jbgunn@blogspot.com

Michard said...

W. YOU NEED TO VOTE!!
-Michard

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

I am not voting for several reasons.

1)I said on my awards posts that I would not vote for my awards. Since these "Maaas" are basically my awards, I cannot vote in them.

2)You said Lynard Skynard was racist. Smorrison proved in his most recent post that they are not racist.

3)Not everyone voted for my awards.

4)What the hell is a "maaa" anyway? The sound a goat makes?

5)I don't know very much about music.

Scanman said...

Thank you Wally!! Some acually sees the light at the end of the tunnel

Michard said...

W! JUST VOTE FOR THE BEATLES AND SOMEONE ELSE! PLEASE!
-Michard

Paul said...

Neil Young(CSNY, Buffalo Sprinfield, Crazy Horse)

And.............

Led Zeppelin

Josef D Guttenheimer said...

BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLESBEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES

i vote beatles.

Casey Affleck said...

NEIL!!!!!!!!