Friday, October 06, 2006

V for Vendetta


Now I know I said that I would not be posting for a while, but I have absolutely nothing to do today. I had to delete all of my CDs on iTunes and rip them all over again. It is a pain in the ass. But, at least I have something to post about today. Last night, me, Kyle, Alex, Lee, and Patty went over Chambers house to watch V for Vendetta. This was an awesome movie. I said that Four Brothers was great, and sweet and all of that stuff. It was, but V blows this movie out of the water. It was so good. Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving did so well in this movie. Although, I've gotta add that Alex kept saying how hot Natalie was. Do I agree, of course, but it was kind of annoying.
Michard's thoughts on V:
This was the best movie I have seen in a while. I have been complaining for a little while that there are no great movies anymore, but this shut me up. It was solid all the way around. Beginning, ending, story line, everything. Hugo, who I have really never heard of, did a really good job.
It is kind of freaky though. The movie itself isn't scary, but it is kind of scary to think about. If that stuff really could happen in the future, well, to say at the least, it would suck. The Government controls you. You are scared out of your damn mind by the Government. "The people should not be afraid of it's Government, the Government should be afraid of it's people."
Which brings me to another point. I have never heard so many good quotes in one movie. Sure, "Shake and Bake" and "If you ain't first, you're last," there was like 10 wicked good quotes in there. Here are a couple of them.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy - and ideas are bulletproof."
"When all your bullets are gone, I better not be standing, because you'll all be dead before you reload."
"Remember, remember, the fifth of November, The gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot."
And THE V quote-
"VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you, and you may call me V."

A to A+. Go see this movie.

4 comments:

Bobby M said...

I agree. Great movie. By the way... NC state won 24-20 in case you didn't see the results. I'm up $1 on you so far. There's a lot of football this weekend though.

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

Who is Jonh Neo? Anyway, V For Vendetta does sound interesting. But how could you not know Hugo Weaving? He's been in the Lord of the Rings and the Matrix.

Scanman said...

Mich, this is your best post in a long time. good quotes. i liked the movie but I would give it an A-. I usually dont give many movies A+s

Michard said...

Who is John Neo?
-Michard