Sunday, September 10, 2006

Roger Waters

First off, sorry to all of those disapointed that I haven't been posting lately. There was nothing really to post about. I'm gonna make it up by doing a new one about the concert I went to last night. Alright, I went to my second concert in less than three weeks, not that bad. Who did I go and see this time? One of the great voices of one of the greatest bands of all time, Rodger Waters, the singer/bassist/rythmn guitarist of Pink Floyd. Now for this one, I'm going to do the same thing I did with the Allman brothers, describe the place, and then the band.

It was at the Tweeter Center in Massachusets. This place was big...The paking lot was almost as big as Meadowbrook. This thing was ten times bigger than that tiny place. The grass section was good. We (again Alex PV and Kyle Mandro,) got a really good look at the band from where we were sitting. The only kind of odd thing about it was that there was only a couple of patches of grass there, the rest was dirt. Whatever, doesn't really matter.

Now the important thing, the band. I am serious when I say this, I have no complaints at all about it, Tweeter Center or Rodger Waters. He was amazing. Vocals were soild, guitars and drums were too, it was awesome.

The first half of it was good, not great. He did a couple Pink Floyd songs, but nothing really really special. Although, he did do a new song that he made up, and that was pretty good, I kind of liked it. My favorite part about the first half (besides wishing you were here,) was the pig. This was wicked cool. These two guys were carrying a giant inflated pig up and down the aisles. I think it had something to do with George Bush on it's ass which was funny. And, at the end of the song, they let it go and as it was going up, the spotlight was shining on it. Although, niether, me, Alex or Kyle could figure out if it was intentional or not, but Kyle and Alex both agreed that it was going to end up in someone's bushes in their yard, or it was going to get shot at.

Well, another thing that happened during the first half was that Alex made a new friend. It was a drunk guy next to him. This guy literally fell asleep on Alex's shoulder, he was pretty weirded out by this...Then when the guy wakes up he takes out his flashlight and starts searching the ground and starts yelling something like, "Oh dude, where are my drugs?! I dropped my drugs!" The whole thing was pretty funny...

Now for the second half. This picked up the whole concert right away. They did Dark Side of the Moon and it was sweet. They played one of my all-time favorite Pink Floyd songs, Money, which again, was sweet. I forget what song they originaly "ended" with, but they came back out and played Another Brick in the Wall, another song, and offical ended Breath. All-in-all, this was sick. I couldn't have asked for better, and I am going to but the instant CD of this. I'll give it a 9 out of 10.

2 comments:

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

Sounds nice. That was some pretty unnessicairy use of the f-bomb though.

Michard said...

Sorry W, I was/still am wicked mad, this thing won't let me post pictures right now, not to sure why though...