Tuesday, September 12, 2006

So Many Tributes!

I realize that I've done tons of tributes lately, but I have to do this one. Today, September 12th, is the anniversary of the death of one of the greatest musicians of all time, Johnny Cash. Cash passed away recently (2003,) and had a movie come out about him even more recently. The 2005 movie staring Joaquin Phoenix as Mr. Cash and Reese Witherspoon as June Carter. This movie paid took a look back at Cash's life, through the good and the awful. Which gets me started on another topic. The movie itself...

Alright, I'll make this short and right away, I am going to say this, Walk the Line was the greatest musical video I have ever seen. Phoenix did an awesome job as Cash, and he kind of looked like him. But now Reese Witherspoon. She did an awesome job too, but unfortunately, kind of too good. You listen to Witherspoon and then the real June Carter, and it's like night and day. Carter was so much worse than Reese. June absolutely got blown out of the water by her. I'm not complaining because really, you can't change it. You can't really say to this good, famous actor, "Okay, you need to do a lot worse."

But back to Johnny. This guy might not have been the greatest guitar player ever, but he was a good singer, song writer and musician. My ex-guitar teacher is really into him, but he doesn't even know how many records he came out with. I think he said some ridiculous number like 40-50+. Yeah, kind of a lot if you ask me. So, that's that, just wanted to do another quick tribute...

No comments: